Thursday, October 9, 2014

VACATION: DAY TWO

The second day we explored Guilin, ate popsicles and gross noodles, and walked until our feet fell off!

This was so hilarious to me. These people will cram as many people as they possibly can into a bus or train. These people in particular were sitting on plastic stools down the aisle like little ducks in a row. 


Jennifer Francelle and I just being really cute and what not. 


You would never guess because my photo skills are that amazing, but I risked my life for this picture. I ran into the middle of the street while trying to dodge the maniac drivers to get this picture. I got stuck in the middle of the street and cars were honking at me and it was a real life game of Frogger. I am pleased to share this photo and its beauty with you today.


We paid some randoms on the street to take us on a raft ride because we missed the real rafting earlier that morning. It was so beautiful. I love how everything here is so much more beautiful because I have never seen it before.


We got to wear these beauties while on the raft. 



The rafts stopped and we got to walk around a shallow part in the river. SO. PRETTY. I can't even describe how wonderful this place is. I loved it!


We ended our long day with a ride on a motorcycle taxi. It was the greatest thing ever and we were in heaven the whole time. My mom would die if she saw me on a motorcycle without a helmet and now that I look back it was kind of a dumb thing to do, but I wouldn't have gotten this picture if I didn't!


*On a more serious note, my old friend Ryan Olson was in a motorcycle accident a couple weeks ago and has been in a coma ever since. Any prayers and support in his behalf would be so appreciated. We are praying he will wake up any day now and be on his way to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment